Here are some quick, yet important swimming pool safety tips to ensure your children’s safety in and around your swimming pool.
- Teach your children pool safety basics like treading water and floating.
- Be in the water at all times if your child cannot swim by his/her self. Never rely on floaties or inflated arm bands to provide safety.
- Pay complete attention to your child and take away all distractions.Swimming Pool Safety Tips.
- Designate an adult supervisor for the kids in the pool. Never assume your spouse or friend is watching the children more closely than you are.
- Keep the pool clear of all toys when they aren’t in use. This can prevent a child from possibly falling in the pool while trying to retrieve a toy.
- Enforce safety rules when at a public pool and teach the kids to obey all rules and regulations before going in the pool.
- Never leave a child in the pool unattended. If you need to leave the swimming area, your child comes out of the pool.
- Make sure you have all the proper safety devices for your home pool, including life preservers and a pool safety fences. Make sure they are in good working condition and are up to safety standards.
Call Santa Barbara Spas at (805) 252-9502 if you have any questions.